Vision & Mission
- Hits: 587
MISSION STATEMENT AND SCHOOL GOALS
- VISION AND MISSION
We are fully committed to offering an all-round education enhanced with the Gospel spirit and the virtues of humility, respect, kindness and love.
(Revised in 2012)
- SCHOOL GOALS
Long Term Goals:
(A) Learning and character formation
Canossa students can :
- lay down the foundation for life-long education in a pleasurable learning environment;
- master biliteracy and trilingualism, express opinions confidently and well use language for communication;
- build knowledge through enriched experience and reflection;
- exercise their logical, independent and creative thinking to make rational decisions;
- improve interpersonal relationship through mutual respect, acceptance, trust and cooperation;
- be socially informed and concerned citizens with a global outlook;
- attain a sense of belonging to the school, responsibility to the family and service spirit to the community, as well as the zeal for justice and righteousness;
- appreciate Chinese culture and foster a sense of nationhood;
- nourish true Christian values, particularly humility, respect, kindness as well as love and strive hard to live up to their spirit; and
- lead a meaningful life by deepening spiritual literacy.
(B) The school will:
- explore and provide more learning opportunities for students outside the school.
- solicit more support from alumnae and parents.
- School management
Effort is made to:
- ensure that students are supported, cared for and guided in the development of self-esteem, self-confidence; nurture in them sound moral values and positive outlook on life; provide more autonomy and room for students and endeavour to enrich their school life;
- implement school-based management; through various committees and meetings, encourage teachers to participate in decision making and establish communication and consultative channels for students, parents, staff and alumnae.
Short Term Goals:
In accordance with the major concerns as stated in the Annual School Plan.
(Revised in 2012)